Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Studies
I'm doing my best to carefully screen all the works that are featured here. If you would
like to recommend a title, message me at Legend@malcor.com,
and I will consider adding it to this list. If find a currently listed
title to be offensive to gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgendered people,
please let me know, and I will re-evaluate the text.
Authors of Multiple Books
These authors have written several books in the field.
These works are suitable to use with children when discussing same-sex
Heather Has Two Mommies
- Leslea Newman's book about a lesbian relationship is suitable for readers of all ages.
- Michael Willhoite's excellent book for children ages 4-8.
- Michael Willhoite's wonderful book portraying gay marriage; children ages 9-12.
Uncle What-Is-It Is Coming to Visit!!
- Michael Willhoite's engaging book for children ages 4-8 about a gay uncle who comes to dinner.
Covering a wide range of topics, these works are titles from authors
who apparently only have one volume currently in print.
Mama Was a Preacher
- This appears to be a self-published novel by someone who identifies himself as "firstname.lastname@example.org"; it's worth taking a look
at the reviews.
Stealing Jesus: How Fundamentalism Betrays Christianity
- Bruce Bawer takes an indepth look at the complicated issues surrounding the topic of glbt people and Christianity.
We Were Baptized Too: Claiming God's Grace for Lesbians and Gays
- Marilyn Bennett Alexander and James Preston discuss the complicated
relationship between glbt people and the Church.
- Straight Parents, Gay Children: Keeping Families Together
- Robert A. Bernstein's excellent book, in which he urges all parents to love and accept all of their children.
Two-Spirit People: Perspectives on the Intersection of Native American
Gender Identity, Sexuality, and Spirituality
- Lester B. Brown suggests that there are six gender styles within Native American culture.
Reclaiming the Sacred: The Bible in Gay and Lesbian Culture
- Raymond-Jean Frontian edited this collection of thoughtful pieces that were written by a variety
Our Families, Our Values: Snapshots of Queer Kinship
- Robert Gross and Amy Adams Squire Strongheart examine the complex issues surrounding nontraditional families.
Homosexuality and Relgion
- Richard Hasbany edited this volume, which contains a wide range of viewpoints on this volatile issue.
What the Bible Really Says About Homosexuality?
- Daniel A. Helminiak excellent disccusion on biblical texts and homosexuality.
Two-Spirit People: Native American Gender Identity, Sexuality, and
- Sue-Ellen Jacobs, Wesley Thomas and Sabine Lang edited this look at gender roles in
Native American culture; not to be confused with Lester B. Brown's book by a similar title.
- Greek Homosexuality
- K.J. Dover's thoughtful, comprehensive account of homosexual practices in ancient Greece. Dover draws a clear distinction
between actual gays, gigilos, and heterosexual individuals who are behaving as if they are gay.
- How to Make the World a Better Place for Gays and Lesbians
- An amazing, even-handed compilation of just about every aspect of gay studies that you can
imagine and how to get in touch with organizations to receive more information.
- Gay Olympian: The Life and Death of Dr. Tom Waddell
- Biography of the founder of the Gay Games.
Homophobia : A Weapon of Sexism/Includes Afterword and Annotated Bibliography
- The expanded edition of Suzanne Pharr's landmark study.
Sexuality and Eroticism Among Males in Moslem Societies
- Arno Schmitt and JEhoeda Sofer take a look at gays in Islamic societies.
Activism and Marginalization in the AIDS Crisis
- Monograph published simultaneously as the Journal of Homosexuality, Vol 32, No 3-4; Michael Hallett edited this study on AIDS activitsm.
Perverts by Official Order: The Campaign Against Homosexuality by the
United States Navy
- Journal of Homosexuality Ser. No. 1; Lawrence R. Murphy edited this look at the Navy's policy toward gays.
Gays, Lesbians, and Consumer Behavior: Theory, Practice, and Research
Issues in Marketing
- Daniel L. Wardlow edited this monograph, which appeared in the Journal of Homosexuality.
Historical Perspectives on Homosexuality
- Journal of Homosexuality Series: Volume 6 No. 1/2; Salvatore J. Licata edited this historical survey.
Homosexuality & Psychotherapy: A Practioner's Handbook of Affirmative
- Journal of Homosexuality: Vol. 7, Numbers 2-3; Jonh C. Gonsiored edited this discussion of positive
approaches to psychotherapy for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered people.
Homosexuality and Social Work
- Robert Schoenberg's study is part of the Journal of Social Work and Human
Social Services for Senior Gay Men and Lesbians
- Monograph published simultaneously as the Journal of Gay & Lesbian Social Services, Vol. 2, No. 1;
Jean K. Quam edited this look at social services available to gays and lesbians.
Social Work Practice in Sexual Problems
- The Journal of Social Work & Human Sexuality Series, Vol 4, No. 1/2; James Gripton and Mary
Valentich are responsible for this piece.
Violence in Gay and Lesbian Domestic Partnerships
- Monograph published simultaneously as the Journal of Gay & Lesbian Social Services, Vol. 4, No. 1; Claire M. Renzetti and Charles Harvey Miley
are the editors for this look at domestic violence in same-sex relationships.
You can search Amazon's database directly from this box. If you find a title that you wish to purchase,
please message me and I'll add it to the Dragonlords' Bookstore so others
can enjoy it as well.
Additional Resources at this Website
Return the Dragonlords' Bookstore
Return to the Dragonlords of Dumnonia Home Page