The Official Mercedes Lackey Fan Club
P.O. Box 749
Laguna Beach, CA 92652 USA
Series 3, Vol. 2, No. 12
December 1, 2001
Heyla, Misty fans!
Sorry this newsletter is coming out a bit late. The holidays (and Danyaís new baby) caught up with both of us!
Of special note, The Valdemar Companion is now available. This is an absolute "must have" for any Misty fan. The art is gorgeous! Tons of trivia, maps and other goodies make this work an absolute delight. Itís a perfect holiday gift for your fantasy-loving friends. You can find more information about this and other works by Mercedes Lackey through the Dragonlords Bookstore at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/bkfanml.htm. (A portion of all proceeds from items purchased through this site goes to pay for the QO website, PO box and all of our other business expenses. This is how we keep memberships in QO free, so please consider going through our links when you do your online shopping.)
As you consider various charities for your holiday giving, we want to remind you that many organizations have experienced a serious drop in funding in part because of donations being sent to help the victims of the September 11th attacks instead of to the groups that would normally have received them and in part because of the anthrax scare causing many solicitations for funds to be stuck in unsorted mail or to remain unopened. Please take the time to look at your neighbors this holiday season; many of them are in greater need than usual.
In lieu of an article this issue, we have a special holiday greeting for you from Misty herself. You will find our holiday greeting to you accompanying this newsletter as well.
Blessed Yule, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Holiday Greetings to one and all! And Best Wishes for the New Year!
Herald-Mage Master Danya Winterborn and Healer Adept Moonstar
It's very sobering to write a holiday greeting in light of the events of
September 11. Wishes for a happy holiday filled with cheer and gift-giving seem hollow and out of place. And frankly, the frantic urgings of our leaders to "get back to normal" and go out and spend money seem shallow, ill-considered, and greedy.
Why should we settle for "normal" anyway? "Normal" wasn't all that good, to be frank! Many of us were a lot happier climbing inside a book than having to deal with the "normal" world that was full of cruelty, callousness, and irresponsibility! Why should we run out and buy things just to satisfy the greed of people whose business is to make us want things we have no real need for?
So, for the holidays this year, perhaps what we should be concentrating on is something different. Let's all take time to reflect on what our lives have been and what they can become. This shock to our collective system has given us a chance to start new habits---of compassion, reflection, responsibility. It's given us a chance to stop and examine things---inside and outside of ourselves. We can spend money on something other than a new "toy". We can stop separating and start connecting, think before we act, and spend that extra second to be polite and even kind to others.
So, for the holidays, I wish all of you a better world than the one that
ended September 11, and I wish you the courage to help make it that way.
Here are the faires we know about that are happening in December. Faires are indexed alphabetically by state. Have any information about any other Ren Faires in your area? Send it to us at Legend@malcor.com
PIRATES IN PARADISE FESTIVAL. Phone: 305-296-9694. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.piratesinparadise.com. Snail Mail: PO Box 1153, Key West, FL 33041. Location: 201 William Street, Key West. Dates: 11/22/01 - 12/02/01.
ALACHUA DICKENS FESTIVAL. Phone: 904-462-5797. Snail Mail: Ruth Ballard, 12610 W. State Rd. 235, Alachua, FL 32615. Dates: 12/08/01 - 12/09/01. Open/Close: 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
LOUISIANA RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL. Fax: 985-429-9992. Phone: E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.la-renfest.com. Snail Mail: PO Box 220, Robert, LA 70455. Location: 46468 River Road, Hammond. Dates: 11/03/01 - 12/09/01. Open/Close: 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
GHOSTS OF CHRISTMAS PAST, THE. Phone: 603-887-4034 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Webpage: http://www.afairbrother.com/dracula.html. Snail Mail: Draculaís Castle, 90 Lafayette St., Salam, MA 01970. Dates: 12/01/01 - 12/17/01. Open/Close: 12:00 P.M. - 8:00 P.M.
DICKENS ON THE STRAND. Fax: 409-765-7851 Phone: 409-765-7834. Website: http://www.galvestonhistory.org. Snail Mail: 2016 Strand, Galveston, TX 77550-1631. Dates: 12/01/01 - 12/02/01. Open/Close: 10:00 A.M.
INGLESIDE RENAISSANCE FAIRE AND CHRISTMAS CRAFT BAZAAR. Fax: 361-776-0678. Phone: 361-776-2906. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.inglesidetxchamber.org. Snail Mail: P.O.Box 686, Ingleside, TX 78362. Location: Live Oak Park. Dates: 12/08/01 - 12/09/01. Open/Close: 10:30 A.M. to 7:00 P.M.
For additional Ren Faire information, visit the Renaissance Faire Homepage at http://www.renfaire.com/ and the Renaissance Magazine site at http://www.renaissancemagazine.com.
These are the upcoming cons we know about. Have any information about conventions in your area? Send it to us at Legend@malcor.com.
WEEKEND IN THE COUNTY OF URNST. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.bengames.org/. Location: Wheat Ridge, Colorado. Dates: 12/08/01 - 12/09/01.
SCI-FI SEA CRUISE. E-mail: WhoCruiser@aol.com. Website: http://members.aol.com/sfcruise/. Location: Tampa, Florida. Dates: 12/09/01 - 12/16/01.
DAGORHIR. E-mail: RavenRose@Dagorhir.com. Website: http://www.dagorhir.com/. Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland. Dates: 12/15/01.
VIA GOLDEN AEON. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.vialarp.org/. Location: Hagerstown, Maryland. Dates: 12/07/01 - 12/09/01.
VIA 1936: HORROR - SAN FRANCISCO. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.vialarp.org/. Location: Hagerstown, Maryland. Dates: 12/01/01 - 12/02/01.
SYRAANDOR: NERO ALLIANCE NEW HAMPSHIRE. E-mail: Jester@Syraandor.com. Website: http://www.syraandor.com/. Location: Claremont, New Hampshire. Dates: 11/30/01 - 12/02/01.
LAIRE - LIVE ACTION ROLEPLAYING EXPERIENCE (EXPLORERS). E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.laire.com. Location: Camp Sacajawea Girl Scout Camp, Sparta, New Jersey. Dates: 12/07/01 - 12/09/01.
EVECON 19. E-mail: Cherylz@fantek.org. Website: http://www.fantek.org/fantek2/econ/index.html. Location: Reston, Virginia. Dates: 12/28/01 - 12/30/01.
THE DON CHALLENGE CUP. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://daanz.org.au/dip-tournaments.htm. Location: Cramer's Hotel, Preston, Melbourne, Victoria. Dates: 12/01/01 - 12/02/01.
GRASS CROWN 2001. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/3927/. Location: Holsworthy Barracks Mackey Club, Holsworthy, New South Wales. Dates: 12/15/01 - 12/16/01.
PHENOMENON 2001. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.vurt.net/phenomenon/. Location: Australian National University, Canberra, New South Wales. Dates: 11/30/01 - 12/02/01.
DRACON. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.dracon.cz/. Location: Santon Hotel, Brno, Czech Republic. Dates: 12/07/01 - 12/09/01.
NORDCON 15. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.gkf.3miasto.pl/. Location: Jastrzebia Gůra, Gdansk, Poland. Dates: 12/05/01 - 12/09/01.
DRAGONMEET 2001. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.dragonmeet.com/. Location: Kensington Town Hall, London, England. Dates: 12/01/01.
JEDICON UK STAR WARS CONVENTION. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.jedicon.com. Location: Basildon Sports Centre, Nethermayne, Basildon, Essex. Dates: 12/09/01.
SMOFCON 19. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.smofcon.org/. Location: The Monkbar Hotel, York, England. Dates: 12/07/01 - 12/09/01.
For additional Convention information, visit Convention Outpost by Jenga at http://go.to/conventions.
For definitions of our fannish jargon, read the 12-page booklet "Pros & Cons: An Introduction to Fandom" written by Elizabeth Barrette. Send $1.00 and a $0.34 stamp (or $1.00 and 2 IRCs) to Queen's Own, P.O. Box 749, Laguna Beach, CA, 92652. Make checks payable to "Linda Malcor" in US funds only.
- Arrows OnLine: Itís back! Arrows OnLine has returned as an official chapter of Queenís Own. To find them, go to Keyword Mercedes Lackey on AOL. Click on Mercedes Lackey Fandom. You can see their chatroom, Companionís Grove, at that point, but to get to the message boards, click on Message Boards. For the Arrows message boards, click on Mercedes Lackey Fan Group (The other option, Mercedes Lackeyís Fiction, is a general discussion of Mistyís books and is not part of Arrows.). If you get lost or have additional questions, contact the Arrows Dean, Herald Ryhannon Gaia Degent, at MistyKalia@aol.com.
- Austral'a'in: Austral'a'in is a chapter of QO that has been running for more than five years now. Despite the name, which is a combination of Latin and Shin'a'in for "People of the South", we don't just have members south of the equator. Rather, anyone is welcome! Snail Mail: Austral'a'in, c/o Cassandra Vuksa, P.O. Box 1850, Woden ACT 2606 Australia. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Golden Grove: Membership is open to all. Send all questions to Golden Grove, c/o Theresa Young, 2573 Blue Heron Dr., Hudson, OH 44236. To query by e-mail, contact email@example.com. Visit our website at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/danyagg.htm for more information. (See ad below.)
- Herald's Waystation: This chapter covers the Gulf Coast Region, Texas, New Mexico,
Oklahoma, Louisana, and adjacent. We plan to hold get-togethers during a Rennie Faire
centered in these states; details to be announced later. We will have a quarterly snail
mail newsletter called Companion's Quarterly. We are not going to charge new
members for the first 3 newsletters; after that it will be 75 cents per newsletter. We
will also have an online, nonfiction newsletter. Look for details and other fun stuff
when we launch our chapter website. Snail mail: Jan Tallevast, Rt 1 Box 137, Milford, Tx 76670. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and HeraldEnyo@gmail.com. For
more information visit our website at http://deserthorses.com/heraldswaystation.
- Pacific Northwest Collegium: Newsletter: Collegium Chronicles. $8 per year/$4 for a half-year, $2 per issue. Website: http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/danyacc.htm. General inquiries to: email@example.com. (See ad below for more details.) Collegium Chronicles Back Issues: The Danya Winterborn Saga: 4 B&W issues: $4.00 each, 2 Full color issues: $6.00. Please allow 2-4 week delivery.
- The Vanyel Fan Club: The Vanyel Fan Club is a chapter of QO that started out as an independent fan organization. The chapter is devoted to fans of Herald-Mage Vanyel Ashkevron from The Last Herald-Mage Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey. E-mail: VanyelFanClub@hotmail.com; Herald Bastian, President aka Western Guardian (firstname.lastname@example.org); Herald-Mage Master Danya Winterborn, Guardian of Questions aka Northern Guardian (Legend@malcor.com); Herald Kaeldra, Guardian of Trainees/New Heralds aka Eastern Guardian (email@example.com). (The position of Southern Guardian, editor of the VFC newsletter, is currently open. Several people are interviewing for it.) There are currently no dues, but dues will probably be set at $10 per year for people who wish to subscribe to a hardcopy of the newsletter/zine. For more information, see the VFC website at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/vfcindex.htm.
Zines and Newsletters:
- Austral'a'in: Editor: Cassandra Vuksa, P.O. Box 1850, Woden, ACT 2606, Australia, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. We print fiction (both fanfic on Velgarth and other fantasy stories), poetry, art, reviews, recipes, articles, personas, penpal ads and stacks more! Each issue is eight pages (four double-sided) and you get eight issues a year for the measly cost of $8 Australian (or 8 x 45 cent stamps) for Australians, or $12 Australian (or 15 IRCs) for people overseas. (If you can't get Australian funds or IRCs, e-mail me, because we might be able to negotiate some other form of payment, such as CDs that are unavailable in Australia!) The cost of membership covers postage and printing - we're a strictly not-for-profit group. If you are interested in more information, or have stories or other submissions that you would like to see published, contact me! Attention all writers and artists: Austral'a'in is desperately seeking submissions. We are also always looking for new members. Please? Contact me (Cassandra) at email@example.com for details!
- Children of Velgarth: Editor: Kendra Renaud, P.O. Box 749, Laguna Beach, CA 92652. I publish new and old personae, even previously published persona if asked by members in this new, official QO zine. I will only accept what was sent in for your persona to Queen's Own to be recognized. Any fan fiction written later should be sent to one of the other zines who really need it to keep their zines going. This fanzine will be published periodically when it reaches 80 pages or so to keep costs at $5.00 payable in U.S. funds or 12 IRCs. Make checks payable to "Kendra Renaud". The fee covers the cost of printing and mailing; you may share (but not duplicate!) copies of the fanzine. Watch the Queen's Own newsletter for release dates. Volume 2, Issue 2 is now available! For the contents list and additional information, visit http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/qozine.htm. (Special Note: Make sure you use the P.O. Box Address and not my home address since Iím moving at the end of May. I donít want any orders to go astray.)
- Collegium Chronicles: Editor: Laura Cameron, Pacific Northwest Collegium. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Venerable Pacific Northwest Collegium is looking for a few good writers and artists for its newsletter Collegium Chronicles. It would e preferable if folks had e-mail access. I am looking for stories that are primarily fantasy--QO persona requirements are acceptable, so long as they are in story format. Poetry, articles and essays also welcome. Come join us in what will be the final year of this nearly decade-long newsletter. $8 per year/$4 for a half-year, $2 per issue. Final issue will be June/July of 2001. Get your dues in early reap the full benefits! Great artwork (see our webpage at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/danyacc.htm) great stories, news of local events in the Pacific Northwest area. All are welcome. (P.S. If anyone is interested in taking over the Chronicles after next summer, let me know! I'd hate to see such a noble creature die out.)
- Companions' Grove: Editor: Devin Harris (Blue Devyn). It's back! The venerable warhorse--uh, make that venerable Companion <g>--of QO 'zines is resuming publication. Plans are underway to bring old issues back into print as well. For submission and subscription information visit http://greendragon.fanspace.com/misty.html or write to Green Dragon Press, c/o Devin Harris, 4531 N Kelishan St., Pahrump, NV 89060. If you have any of the original publications, please contact Blue Devyn at email@example.com. She's attempting to bring the old issues back into print in addition to offering new issues.
- Companion's Quarterly. The snail mail newsletter of Herald's
Waystation (See chapter description above.). We are not going to charge new members for
the first 3 newsletters; after that it will be 75 cents per newsletter. Snail mail:
Jan Tallevast, Rt 1 Box 137, Milford, Tx 76670. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and HeraldEnyo@gmail.com. For
more information visit our website at http://deserthorses.com/heraldswaystation.
- Dreamscape. Editor: Laura Cameron, Pacific Northwest Collegium. E-mail: email@example.com. A 'zine totally devoted to fantasy art and artists is looking for submissions: black & white AND color. DREAMSCAPE will feature beautiful artwork, articles, Interviews with professional artists and other goodies pertaining to the fantasy art world. The frequency--and size of the 'zine depends on the amount of submissions and interest. The first issue will be out in the Spring of 2001! Approx. 20 pp., $10. Contributors get a $2 discount! If you have ideas, articles, artwork, and general inquiries, please send them to Laura Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please stay tuned for more information!
- Golden Grove: Editor: Theresa Young. E-mail: email@example.com. A subscription to the newsletter is $4 US or twelve stamps per year. Foreign subscriptions are nine IRCs a year. Send your subscription requests and all questions to Golden Grove, c/o Theresea Young, 2573 Blue Heron Dr., Hudson, OH 44236. Visit our website at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/danyagg.htm for more information.
- Herald's Companion: Editor: Karen Bertke, 5694 Scarborough Dr., Cincinnati, OH 45238, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lois Bujold: Lois Bujold can be reached at email@example.com. "The Bujold Nexus" is at http://www.dendarii.com. You can receive information about their newsletter, the "Dendarii Dispatch" by contacting Lyn Belzer, Editor, 25-16 18th St., #2 Long Island City, NY 11102.
- Marion Zimmer Bradley: Marion Zimmer Bradley's FANTASY Magazine. is being discontinued. Please contact us if you have any additional information about the future of her fandom.
- CrossGen Comics: Exciting New Fantasy Comic Books. Follow Prince Ethan's adventures the third Wednesday of each month as he gains the powerful sigil and accidentally puts his world on the brink of war. Meridian, on sale the fourth Wednesday of each month, is the fantastic saga of a teenage girl and her plight to save her floating island home. Go to http://www.crossgen.com, or call 1-888-COMICBOOK for details on a retail location near you.
- Tanya Huff: Nine Above! is a list for fans of author Tanya Huff. This list provides announcements about Tanya's latest work, publication dates, and personal appearances. NA! also provides a forum for Tanya's fans to communicate with each other, and will have discussion as well as announcements. Lurking is fine, but participation is encouraged. When you join, we'd love for you to send a "hello" to the group at large, telling us who you are! To start sending messages to members of this group, simply send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- L.A. Malcor: Dragonlords of Dumnonia: L.A. Malcor, http://www.dragonlordsnet.com, Legend@malcor.com.
- Anne McCaffrey/Pern: The Third Pass Weyrs. Contact Weyrwoman Second Naerah at
Nyco@aol.com or visit the website at http://www.3rdpass.com/ for more information.
- Adrian Paul of Highlander: Peace, APFC P.O. Box 4593, North Hollywood, CA 91617 or Peace, APFC P.O. Box 519, Broley, Kent, BR29WX, England.
- Michae Praed: Michael Praed Network Newsletter, c/o Kate Raymond, P.O. Box 516, Midlotioan, IL 60445.
- Melanie Rawn: Pandemonium - The official Melanie Rawn club invites you to join their ranks. SASE for more information: Irena Pereira, P.O. Box 18A146 , Los Angeles, CA 90018.
- N3F is one of the oldest general interest SF/F clubs, started in 1941. Members meet by snail mail and email to discuss SF, Fantasy, and Horror genres. (Some gather at cons, too.) We have plenty to offer the hungry SF/F/H fan! Members receive Tightbeam, the club's quarterly zine, and The National Fantasy Fan, our bi-monthly zine. For inquiries, please e-mail email@example.com or snail mail me at Jennifer Mackay-Douglas, 970 Main Street, Clifton Park, NY 12065. Check out our website at http://geocities.com/area51/atlantis/6270.
- Star Trek: The USS Starfire is a writing group that writes original fiction set in the Star Trek universe. To find our more about our group, please visit our website at http://www.epix.net/~ckocher/starfire.html or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doctor Who and other Media: The Prydonians of Prynceton, P.O. Box 3194, Princeton, NJ 08543-3194.
We have individual handouts for aspiring Heralds, Healers, Bards, Blues, Mercenaries, Tayledras, Shin'a'in, and White Winds Sorcerers/Sorceresses and instructions on how to work for Herald-Mage status if you are already a Herald or for a Kal'enedral if you are already a Shin'a'in. You can find these handouts online at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/qohandouts.htm.
You need a release form (online at http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/qomlrel2.htm) if you write a story set in Misty's worlds or using any of her characters. You do not need a release for a character sketch, poem or filk. All Misty wants to do is protect her characters and her worlds. Send the release form (you do NOT need to include the story) to Misty c/o High Flight Arts and Letters, P.O. Box 2970, Claremore, OK 74017. Do NOT include the original of the release form with your persona material; send it to Misty. Send a copy to us.
All personae materials should be sent to the QO address or submitted by e-mail to Legend@malcor.com and email@example.com.
We have no new personae to announce at this time (although three people are very close to approval). Several former members, however, have returned. Check out http://www.dragonlordsnet.com/qolist.htm as well as our Delphi forum to see who has reappeared! (If you know any of the people listed who do not have active memberships, please tell them about us so they can contact us and we can activate their memberships.)
From Herald-Mage Master Danya Winterborn:
Many thanks to all of you who have sent congratulations and gifts following the birth of my son. John Alayn Malcor was born November 7, 2001 at 2:39 PM. He was 7 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long. Heís doing well, and my diabetes has vanished. Now I get to play catch-up on my mail <g>. I have messages in my box that date back to March, which is when I started to get so sick. Iím answering them as quickly as I can, but itís amazing how much time you can spend nursing a newborn!
Now that my health has improved, Iím hoping that things start running a bit more efficiently around here than they have over the last year. (Thanks for being so patient with us!) Iím clearing the mail first, then Iíll start working on all those coding issues and problems that have cropped up. With luck, everything will be running a bit more smoothly in a few months.
I find myself doing my holiday shopping online again this year. (What on earth did new mothers do before the Net was created <g>?) I hope to have time to pop by our forum and say "Heyla!" (I also hope to get over to the AOL boards.)
I appreciate your concern and kindness. My family and I will keep you all in our thoughts as we celebrate this holiday season.
The newsletter is routinely posted to the Net. If you are concerned about your address falling into unfriendly hands, don't place a fan message! You may answer fan messages without ever placing one yourself. The editors reserve the right to edit--and shorten!--all messages. (Remember to tell your Post Office about your alternative name if you wish to receive mail addressed to your persona at an addressed where you receive mail under your real name.)
The only "fee" for a fan message is to write to two other people. If your mailbox is empty, don't complain--write letters!
- From Jennifer Mackay-Douglas (firstname.lastname@example.org) to all her old pen pals (and some new ones, I hope): I got married in May 99 and I moved around so much I lost track of my old pen pals. My interests include reading soft SF, short stories (primarily Asimov's because of budget), and fantasy. Nonfiction topics I usually read include: vegetarian cooking, pet care, natural health, history (my hubby and I do Civil War reenacting), and science research on genetic engineering (for my in-progress SF novel). I love going to SF/F cons, enjoy roleplay gaming, watching movies and TV. (I especially love Farscape on the Sci-Fi Channel.) I love all forms of Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, and a ton of other shows and movies. I enjoy reading Misty, Tad Williams, Kate Elliott, Llewellyn, Tolkien, Ray Bradbury, Ursula K. LeGuin, Louise Cooper, Tara K. Harper, and many more! Write me snail mail or email and I'll write you back. :-) Send snail letters via the US Post Awful to: Jennifer Mackay-Douglas, 970 Main Street, Clifton Park, NY 12065.
- From Crystal Sarakas Kocher (email@example.com) 26-year-old radio/television producer looking for friends who enjoy long, silly conversations, dreaming of Valdemar and other such things. I would love to hear from old friends that I have lost touch with over the years and from new friends, too!
- From White Winds Soceress Shadow Weaver. I am looking for gothic and sci/fi fantasy events in Ohio/KY/Indiana/West Virginia to merchant at. If you have any info please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail Lisa Brawner at P.O. Box 8335, Lexington, KY 40533-8335.
- From Herald-Mage Hedge Wizard Jensen Redstart/Kat Knafelc email@example.com. 22-year-old college grad going back for her Master's in Ecology in the fall. Loves reading, writing, fandom, Scooby-Doo and comic books.
- From: Healer Adept Moonstar. To: All. Re: QO Newsletter. Needed February 88 through March 91, Queen's Own newsletters. I am creating an archive for the club, and as you can see we are listing all the approved personas on the site. Anyone with these newsletters please send COPIES to the Queen's Own address, P.O. Box 749, Laguna Beach, CA 92652. Thank you very much.
- From Herald-Mage Danya. To: All. Re: Cookbook. If you've read my persona submission in CoV, you know that I like making up medieval-style recipes. I'm thinking about compiling a cookbook based on meals that Misty describes in the Velgarth series. If anyone is currently reading the books, could you note the book and page any food items are mentioned on and send them to me at Legend@malcor.com? Thanks!
Queen's Own is the official Mercedes Lackey Appreciation Society. Our purpose is to share our enjoyment of Misty's worlds. We are a fan-run not-for-profit organization, not a business. Our address of publication: P.O. Box 749, Laguna Beach, CA 92652 USA. This newsletter is published solely to inform and entertain the club's membership; no infringement of anyone's copyrights is intended.
Newsletters are published on (or near) the first of each month.
Co-Editor/Co-President Herald-Mage Master Danya Winterborn (L.A. Malcor; AOL-IM SN Shashtah; Legend@malcor.com)
Co-Editor/Co-President Healer Adept Moonstar (Kendra Renaud; AOL-IM SN healermoon; firstname.lastname@example.org)
In this newsletter, the amazing cover art for Misty's novels by Jody Lee appears in place of original art by a featured artist. All drawings in this newsletter are © to the credited artist. All rights reserved. If you would like your art to be featured in the online version of the QO newsletter, send .gifs or .jpgs to Legend@malcor.com or hardcopy to Queen's Own, P.O. Box 749, Laguna Beach, CA 92652.
Mercedes Lackey does not receive mail at the Queen's Own address. Fanmail to Mercedes Lackey and releases for fan fiction should be sent to:
c/o High Flight Arts and Letters
P.O. Box 2970
Claremore, OK 74017
Herald-Mage Master Danya Winterborn and
Healer Adept Moonstar
Return to the Queen's Own Newsletter Page
Return to the Queen's Own Home Page