Dragonlords of Dumnonia
So you've written a story, but you don't know where to sell it? Here are
some places where you can submit your work.
- Adventure Zine
- This magazine takes art and puzzles as well as stories.
- An Australian fantasy and science fiction magazine; they prefer submissions
from Australian authors or of stories set in Australia.
- Heavy emphasis on the connection between fantasy and gaming in this
- Dragon Soup Webzine
- Takes fantasy, sci-fi, horror and some nonfiction pieces.
- Accepting new writing in any genre. No pay. There will also be a
magazine published quarterly in coperation with Emerge and each issue will
cost $6.50. (No contributor copies.)
- EOS Online:
Magazine of Science Fiction and Fantasy
- No pay for this one yet, but they are working on it. Plus, they offer links
to other markets.
An online journal of the speculative imagination.
(Need we say more <g>?)
- Nerd World Media compiled this index of electronic 'zines dedicated to science
- This E-zine specializes in stories about faeries. No pay.
- Fog Fire
- Fog Fire is particularly interested in works by new writers.
- The press takes science fiction, fantasy and poetry. Bindings are self-publishing style, spiral books.
Negotiate with the press regarding fees and royalties. Gerl Publishing describes
their service as "like making chapbooks for people."
- Currently distributed offline, but considering an online version.
Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine
- Specializing in Outer Limits and Twilight Zone type stories, this
is a good way for new writers to break in.
- Odyssey: A Magazine of
Science Fiction and Fantasy
- UK based, this magazine pays for "first English Language serial rights plus an
option on reprints."
- On Spec
- One of the most highly acclaimed magazines in Canada for science fiction, fantasy, horror, magic realism, ghost stories and more!
- Emphasis is on story rather than special effects for this publication.
They accept both science fiction and fantasy.
- Planet Magazine
- Planet Magazine is non-paying, but it does provide a place for
new authors to publish their work
- SF Zines Ring
- The memberlist for the SF Zines Webring can take you to dozens of science
fantasy fanzines and commercial zines where you can market your work.
- Stirring: A Literary Collection
- Stirring is a new publication that is not yet offering pay.
- Supernova features works by authors from all over the world.
- Writing Contests
- This site features The Ultimate Book of Writing Contests, tips
about entering contests and more.
Most of these don't pay, but they do take nonfiction articles.
Return to the Dragonlord of Dumnonia Home Page