These are encyclopedias, dictionaries, and other resources that can help
you sort out the complicated world of the Arthurian legends.
- A bibliography of more than 11,000 works associated with the Arthurian tradition.
- An annotated bibliography for young adults.
Arthurian Myth & Legend; An A-Z of People and Places
- Mike Dixon-Kennedy compiled this reference source.
A Complete Concordance to Gottfried Von Strassburg's Tristan
- Clifton D. Hall's wonderful aid.
A Complete Concordance to Wolfram Von Eschenbach's Parzival
- Clifton D. Hall provides valuable indexing to help the reader with the study of this classic Arthurian poem.
The Arthurian Companion: The Legendary World of Camelot and
the Round Table
- Phyllis Ann Karr's marvelous reference work, written in the same entertaining style she used in Idylls of the Queen.
Glossary to Culhwch Ac Olwen
- Rachel Bromwich and D. Simon Evans compiled this study of this famous Welsh Arthurian legend.
The Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- Ronan Coglan's excellent reference work; a must-have for all Arthurian scholars.
The Illustrated Arthurian Encyclopedia
- Ronan Coghlan's excellent reference source accompanied by gorgeous plates.
The Arthurian Encyclopedia
- This is one of the finest overviews of the Arthurian tradition in print.
The New Arthurian Encyclopedia
- The updated and enhanced version of The Arthurian
- Norris Lacy, Geoffry Ashe, and Debra N. Mancoff compiled this excellent resource.
The Encyclopaedia of Arthurian Legends
- A must-have for anyone who wants to sort out the hundreds of names that appear in the legends.
Sir Gawain and the Green Knight Notes
- Cliff's Notes presents its take on this Arthurian classic.
A Complete Concordance to Wolfram Von Eschenbach's
Parzival(Garland Reference Library of the Humanities, Vol 995)
- A must-have for anyone who loves Wolfram's poem.
The Company of Camelot: Arthurian Characters in Romance and
Fantasy (Contributions to the Study of Science Fiction and Fantasy,
- Curious as to where your favorite Arthurian characters turn up in modern literature? Here's where to find out!
Arthurian Bibliography, II: Subject Index (Arthurian Studies, 6)
- Cedric Edward Pickford coedited this second volume in this important series.
Arthurian Bibliography III: 1978-1992 (No 3)
- C.E. Pickford also served as coeditor on this third volume for this acclaimed series.
Here are some works related to the languages in which the Arthurian tales
have been recorded.
Basic Welsh: A Grammar and Workbook (Routledge Grammars)
- A good place to start studying the Welsh language.
- Heini Gruffudd's simplified explanation of the Welsh Language.
Colloquial Welsh: A Complete Language Course
- A language text book accompanied by two cassettes to help you learn modern colloquial Welsh.
Paperback (Apparently without the cassettes)
Welsh (Teach Yourself)
- A self-taught course for learning Welsh.
Welsh: A Complete Course for Beginners
- Another version of a self-taught course for learning Welsh; this one comes with
a text book and two cassettes.
Welsh Dictionary (Teach Yourself)
- This Welsh dictionary is designed to accompany the Teach Yourself course.
Welsh-English English-Welsh Dictionary (Hippocrene Standard Dictionary)
- A Welsh dictionary for more advanced students of the language.
234 Welsh Verbs: Standard Literary Forms
- Kathryn Klingebiel's tool for building your Welsh vocabulary.
A Comprehensive Welsh Grammar (Reference Grammars)
- David A. Thorne's fine reference guide to Welsh grammar.
The Four Ancient Books of Wales (Celtic Language & Literature: Goidelic
& Brythonic Reprint of 1868 Edition)
- W. F. Skene's classic edition for several languages of the original Arthurian legends.
Get By in Welsh
- The 1991 edition of this tourist resource guide..
Intermediate Welsh: A Grammar and Workbook (Routledge Grammars)
- Continue your studies of Welsh with this book for intermediate students.
- A Welsh course for juveniles.
Lazy Way to Welsh
- Not the best course on Welsh, but what do you expect from the title <g>.
Learn Welsh for English Speakers
- A reasonably-priced reference book for students of Welsh literature.
Modern Welsh: A Comprehensive Grammar (Routledge Grammars)
- An excellent resource for advanced students of modern Welsh.
Dictionary Breton-English/English-Breton Dictionary and Phrasebook (Hippocrene
Dictionary and Phrasebook Series)
- An excellent resource for advanced students of the Breton Language.
A Grammar of Modern Breton
- A pricey work for serious students of Modern Breton.
A Grammar of Modern Breton (Mouton Grammar Library, No 2)
- Ian Press's explanation of Breton grammar.
You can search Amazon's database directly from this box. If you find a title that you wish to purchase,
please message me and I'll add it to the Dragonlords' Bookstore so others
can enjoy it as well.
Return the Dragonlords' Bookstore
Return to the Dragonlords of Dumnonia Home