The Arthurian legends have found there way into many poems over the centuries. Here are
some of the more famous ones.
Matthew Arnold and William Morris (Arthurian Poets)
- Arnold's and Morris's contributions to Arthurian poetry are still favorites with modern lovers of the legend.
Arthurian Poets : John Masefield
- An impressive collection of John Masefield's Arthurian poems
Edwin Arlington Robinson (Arthurian Poets)
- Edwin Arlington Robinson's Arthurian poems.
The Faerie Queen
- Edmund Spenser's timeless classic.
Algernon Charles Swinburne (Arthurian Poets)
- Swineburne's Arthurian poetry has inspired many modern artists.
Charles Williams (Arthurian Poets)
- This installment of the Arthurian Poets series is dedicated to the works of Charles Williams.
One of the most influential Arthurian poems of modern times, T.S. Eliot's "The Waste Land"
drew on the ideas of the myth-ritualists for many of its ideas.
The Waste Land
- The Theory and Practice Series version of Eliot's poem.
The Waste Land: A Poem of Memory and Desire (Twayne's Masterwork
Studies, No 13)
- Nancy Gish's hardcover edition with commentary on the poem.
T.S. Eliot Reads: Four Quartets, the Waste Land, the Hollow Men,
and Other of His Poems
- Several of Eliot's best known poems, including "The Waste Land", in an excellent audio version.
"The Waste Land"
- A fine edition of T.W. Eliot's classic poem.
The Waste Land: A Facsimile and Transcript of the Original Drafts
Including the Annotations of Ezra Pound
- An excellent edition for scholars.
The Waste Land and Other Poems
- Another edition of "The Waste Land."
Dover Thrift Edition
Penguin Twentieth Century Classics
Signet Mass Market Edition
Understanding 'the Waste Land'
- A video discussion of T.S. Eliot's poem. (This item is no longer available through Amazon, but you might want to try a search using the box provided below. Sometimes it shows up at Auction or in the Zshops.)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
Tennyson's Idylls of the King are some of the best-loved Arthurian poems of all time. They caught the
imagination of their Victorian audience, and they have
surved as the inspiration for countless modern works.
Idylls of the King and a Selection of Poems
- This is the New American Library Mass Market edition of Tennyson's work.
Idylls of the King (Penguin Classic)
- The Penguin Classic edition of Tennyson's work.
If you do not see a text that you would like to purchase, message me
at Legend@malcor.com and I'll add for you.
You can search Amazon's database directly from this box. If you find a title that you wish to purchase,
please message me and I'll add it to the Dragonlords' Bookstore so others
can enjoy it as well.
Return the Dragonlords' Bookstore
Return to the Dragonlords of Dumnonia Home